Account Director - NJ
Roles & Responsibilities:
Here at BNO, we like to think of our Account team members as our Client compass. We seek out candidate’s who are skilled in navigating Client projects on time, on budget and on objectives. Our Account Director will primarily be responsible for the growth and management of client relationships. As the senior point of contact for the Agency’s clients, the Account Director also builds strategic marketing plans and exceeds clients’ expectations with amazing creative work. At BNO, our Account Director’s steady leadership ensures the smooth production of campaigns, from briefing designers and copywriters, to managing budgets and directing a strong, dedicated account and project management team.
As an Account Director, you’ll work with clients to understand their business and marketing needs, help develop the right strategies and execute plans to achieve client goals. You must have the vision to seek out and identify business opportunities. This talented and energetic individual will have a positive attitude, and offer experience in leading client initiatives and building strategic relationships.
We’re seeking an experienced self-starter with eight to ten years’ client service experience, with at least three years’ direct experience in advertising client service and managing projects within an agency. The ideal candidate should be proactive in nature and possess excellent written and verbal communications skills. Experience in executing both traditional communications as well as digital media strategies via web promotion, interactive video, search engine marketing, mobile apps, social media platforms, and blogs is a must. Experience in managing and leading internal teams and clients to deliver successful web and mobile design/development projects is a must.
The successful candidate will be well organized, detail oriented and efficient at managing client budgets. Experience in the financial services industry would be a plus, but the ability to lead a PM/creative/web development team is essential. Experience with employer branding and recruitment marketing is “plus,” but not required. This opportunity is for a full-time placement with all the demands of a salaried position. Title and salary DOE.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- You will take the lead in the clients’ marketing and advertising strategies
- You will lead the team that provides the utmost level of client service
- You will liaise with clients at a senior level on a day-to-day basis
- You will promote the expansion of business with existing clients
- You will work with other senior managers to generate new accounts
- You will complete projects on a specific schedule and within an agreed budget
- You will utilize your skills and experience to push clients, and the agency creatively and strategically
- Positive attitude, insatiable curiosity and a love of collaboration, with a demonstrated success developing client relationships and growing both organic and new business.
- Must be a “self-starter,” able to work independently to manage client relationships with little direct supervision
- Minimum of 8 years professional client relationship management experience, including agency experience in advertising and marketing as well as a knowledge of creative processes and techniques, including digital platforms and social media marketing channels
- The ability to plan and strategize at a senior level
- Excellent written and oral communication skills (samples required with resume)
- Effective team management capabilities, including mentoring and supervision skills
- A persuasive and confident approach to creative projects
- Keen attention to detail and budgetary constraints
- Hybrid / Onsite required, at both Somerville NJ Office and Client Office.