A Little Bit About Us:
BNO, a dynamic, full-service creative marketing, advertising & public relations agency headquartered in Somerville NJ, with offices in Philadelphia, PA and St. Petersburg, FL, is looking for an incredibly talented and motivated HR Manager eager to learn and develop their career, while supporting a growing Creative Agency with multiple offices. With 40+ years in the communications business, we’ve had conversations with some of the most visionary humans on the planet…scientists, inventors, artists, and CEOs. We listened. And we learned…. like A LOT! We believe in the power of a progressive mindset coupled with endless curiosity. If this way of thinking excites you as much as it does us, then we want to hear from you.
The Human Resource Manager will manage and support the routine functions of the Human Resources (HR) department including hiring and interviewing staff, processing payroll, administration of benefits including paid time, employee leave, and enforcing company policies and practices.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Partners with the leadership team to understand and execute the organization’s human resource and talent strategy particularly as it relates to current and future talent needs, recruiting, retention, and succession planning.
- Provides support and guidance to HR generalists, management, and other staff when complex, specialized, and sensitive questions and issues arise; may be required to administer and execute routine tasks in delicate circumstances such as providing reasonable accommodations, investigating allegations of wrongdoing, and terminations.
- Supports the talent acquisition process, which may include recruitment, interviewing, and hiring of qualified job applicants, particularly for managerial, exempt, and professional roles; collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
- Analyzes trends in compensation and benefits; researches and proposes competitive base and incentive pay programs to ensure the organization attracts and retains top talent.
- Creates learning and development programs and initiatives that provide internal development opportunities for employees.
- Supports employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organization’s HRIS and talent management systems.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required.
- A minimum of three years of human resource management experience preferred.
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP highly desired.